Parkinson’s disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects Dopaminergic neurons, which are nerve cells in the brain responsible for producing dopamine. Dopamine functions as a neurotransmitter...
1. Never place too much pressure on yourself because of the thought (or the fact) that you have to eliminate meat in your meals and replace them with vegetables. This will not make you successful in your objective. What you do is to continue eating meat but reduce the amount that you have to consume slowly each day. In this way, you have prepared your mind, your body and your taste buds with the changes in your everyday meals.
2. Keep yourself motivated. Again, this is a huge step towards lifestyle change; this is not as petty as following a trend. Write your reasons you want to become a vegetarian and post them in your bedroom and kitchen walls and even in your fridge so you will always be reminded of what you want to achieve in the near future. This will also make you more passionate of your efforts. You may likewise post pictures of celebrities who have now turned vegan.
3. If you are already on a vegetarian diet, do not think that you will already see significant changes in your body. This may not happen to you immediately. But do not be disheartened; just think that you are on your way to shedding off excess pounds in your body because you are taking in fewer calories, consuming less amount of fat and losing weight. To make you more victorious and to keep you healthy, learn to balance your meals. Likewise, combine your hard work with exercises.
4. You may be thinking of buying to-go veggie meals. You have to be watchful of what you purchase. They may be vegetables but they may consist of rich sauces and others that somehow defeat your purpose. Why not consider preparing your own vegetable dishes? This is only difficult at first but you will learn to get along with the routine (buying fresh vegetables from grocery stores, cutting and storing them from the fridge, searching for vegan recipes and many more) that it will become easier in time.
5. You may be on a vegan diet but you have to eat during breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as snacks in between. Follow the same routine in eating meals or you will get yourself hungry.
It is also important that you consult first with your doctor before following a vegetarian diet. You have to ensure that you are in great physical shape. Discuss your plan to become a vegan with your doctor. If you have medical history, inform him about this so he will determine if you are fit for this type of diet or you will have to take some factors into consideration.