Wouldn’t we all love to find some ways to increase our happiness? With all the things happening in our world today, this is sometimes hard to find. Here are a few suggestions to setting your life in order and finding a little happiness.
- Put some pep in your step by walking tall with your arms swinging. This will help you feel more positive, according to scientists.
- Slap on a smile to lift your spirits. Each time you lift the corners of your mouth and smile like you mean it, you can send messages to your brain’s chemistry and feel happier. A smile and a spirited stroll can do wonders for your disposition.
- Volunteering at your local nursing home, church, hospital or food kitchen helps you get involved in your community and to make new friends. You will help yourself in the process while greatly improving someone else’s day.
- Just making new friends and spending time with other people who care about you will help improve your happiness in life. Open up to relationships at your office, gym, church, park or neighbors. Maintain those connections and keep happy. Staying more connected, the happier you will be as it can also improve your mental health and well-being. This is a win-win situation.
- Try listing all the good that is in your life and count your blessings. If you make the extra effort to look on the bright side of life, it will help you stay focused on the positive.
- It is a known fact that exercising for only 5 minutes a day can put you in a better mood. You will get good long-term effects for your mind and body by regular exercise and it will also keep your depression at bay.
- Grudges are the worst thing to hold on to. Let it go! If you can learn to forgive, it will free you from negative thoughts and make more room in your life for some inner peace. In turn, that will bring you happiness as well.
- If you practice mindfulness by meditating for an hour a week, it’ll give you a dose of joy, peace and contentment as well as create new pathways in your brain to make it easier for you to feel that joy.
- We all love music, but do you know how powerful it’s effect can have on your emotions? Choose your favorite music and get into the groove. Dance, sing and feel good.
- Lastly, you need that 7 or 8 hours of nightly sleep to help stay in a good mood. Sleep will help to insure you will be more likely to be happy when those “baby blues” (or browns, greens, etc.) can peacefully close for those 8 hours of sleep.
We can find ways to give ourselves a little pep, peace and happiness if we apply some simple daily activities to our regular routine. Sleep well, play well and love well, and you will find the happiness you seek. Now, get out there and socialize!
img c/o pixabay