I found a really neat article on a novel well to honor your guy on father’s day. The purpose of the day is to spoil that husband or father, right? Just make sure that your man knows he is special to everyone. It’s easy for a woman to be honored with gifts, cards, flowers, treats and the like, but a little harder for that man.
Giving him a gadget or a grill is nice, but wouldn’t he feel better if we made him feel the most loved by actually telling him? Hebrews 10:24 NIV quotes “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds…” Put your feelings into words along with those actions. Write a personal message on the bathroom mirror where he will see it first thing upon rising.
Some suggestions for 8 days are as follows:
- Thank him for giving his all at work and at home.
- Thank him for making sure you have everything that you need.
- Give him thanks for leading the family in the ways of the Lord.
- A special thanks for teaching you about Jesus.
- Thank him for making your home a special place you want to be. Proverbs 24:3-4 NIV “By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.”
- Thank him for showing you how to fight hard and finish well while keeping the faith.
- A special thank you for helping you to rise up when you fall.
- Thank him for believing in you and for being your #1 fan.
The job of the father is to model the love and ways of our Heavenly
Father. Praise him for making an honest effort to recognize the hard work it takes to be a good and Godly dad.
Most of all, give him all the hugs and kisses and “I Love You’s” you can. Don’t just restrict this to his special day, but remember to carry this forward day after day. That’s how he will know that you really, truly care and love him whole-heartedly!
Dr Fredda Branyon