Many treatments fall under the umbrella of Complementary and Alternative Medicine or CAM. Some of the most commonly used CAM therapies include: Acupuncture Chiropractic Food counseling Herbalism Massa...
I recently ran across some little tidbits of facts that I found interesting and thought I would share. These are only some of the excerpts from 100 strange but true facts to shock you!
- The medical name for a butt crack is “intergluteal cleft”.
- The name for the shape of Pringles is called a “Hyperbolic Paraboloid”.
- Potato Head was the first toy to be advertised on TV.
- The stage before frostbite is called “frostnip”.
- In South Korea there is an emergency number (113) to report spies.
- Snails have 14,000 teeth and some can even kill you.
- The surface area of a human lung is equal to a tennis court.
- The human nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
- A duel between three people is actually called a truel.
- The television was invented only two years after the invention of sliced bread.
- People can suffer from a psychological disorder called Boanthropy that makes them believe they are a cow. They actually try to live their life as a cow.
- The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Britannica.
- Every day the average person loses 60-100 strands of hair.
- The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet.
- You get a new stomach lining every three to four days.
- During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools.
- Monday is the day of the week when the risk of heart attack is greatest.
- It takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown.
- The strongest muscle in the human body is the tongue.
- Three hundred million cells die in the human body every minute.
- Every tongue print is unique.
- Your body gives off enough heat in 30 minutes to bring half a gallon of water to a boil.
- The indentation in the middle of the area between the nose and the upper lip has a name. It is called the philtrum. Scientists have yet to figure out what purpose this indentation serves, though the ancient Greeks thought it to be one of the most erogenous places on the body.
See how smart you have become.
Dr Fredda Branyon