Parkinson’s disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects Dopaminergic neurons, which are nerve cells in the brain responsible for producing dopamine. Dopamine functions as a neurotransmitter...
Its the time of the month where girls have to pay attention to their monthly but not that friendly, visitor. Menstruation always comes with its best pal, menstrual cramps. Many women experience this with a throbbing pain in the lower abdomen.Majority of women experience the immense pain of these cramps during their growing or puberty stage.
These cramps can affect a woman in such a way as to cause you to back away from the day’s activity or even worse, you can’t even move because of the pain it brings. Dysmenorrhea is present before or during and sometimes after the menstrual period. It usually becomes less painful when a woman starts to age.
Most of the menstrual cramps are naturally caused by imbalanced hormones in the body. The probable cause of this imbalance is partially because of unbalanced nutrition. It may also be from environmental toxins and other physical health hazards around.
Dealing with the pain due to cramps is sometimes inevitable. Below are some home remedy tips you can use to relieve cramps in natural ways. This will help you ease the pain that visits you every month.
- Find relief from this monthly distress of having menstrual cramps by taking a warm bath or applying a heated patch on your abdomen or even hot water bottle.
- Avoid the foods that contain too much sodium (salt) and caffeine.
- Avoid smoking and drinking too much alcohol.
- Using sanitary napkins are better than using tampons. It can save you from having cramps.
- Get yourself moving! Include working out to your daily routine. This improves the blood circulation in the pelvic area. Make exercise a regularl thing.
- Rest is indeed very helpful. Sleep is very important. Once you have gained the adequate number of hours to sleep your body will be better equipped to handle the stress of having menstrual cramps.
- Lie down on your bed then fold your knees in. This will help you lessen the pain and relax at the same time.
- Consume more citrus fruits. Take a lot of these to enhance iron in the body since iron present in the blood lessens during menstruation.
- Adequate consumption of water is also recommended during these times. When the body is dehydrated, it produces hormones that can worsen cramps.
- Mints such as peppermint or wintergreen steeped in tea will help relieve the cramps.
- Relax yourself. Be it thru relaxing music or a cozy, restful ambiance, keep yourselfstress free in whatever way you prefer during your period.