Let’s Fight Back! No More Losing The War On Cancer.

Let’s Fight Back! No More Loosing The War On Cancer.

I was very disturbed about what I heard on the news today regarding cancer rates increasing. It was announced that the cancer incidence is predicted to rise 75 percent by the year 2030. Yes, 18 years seems like a long time away but it’s really not. Another way to look at it in order to bring it into more realization is to consider each year starting today, another few million people will be diagnosed with cancer each year and growing tremendously higher in numbers. Seventy five percent growth rate is a colossal increase. What happened to decreasing the numbers instead of increasing them?

In 1971, our United States President Richard Nixon coined the phrase, “The War On Cancer.” I feel its time to put the white flag up, surrender, re-group, and start over. Something different has to be done.

The Lancet Oncology published a report May 31,2012, stating that “Rates of certain types of cancer appear to be declining in some developing countries, but these reductions are likely to be offset by substantial increases in the types of cancer associated with a “westernized” lifestyle, including breast, prostate and colorectal cancer.”

The American Cancer Society reported in the Cancer Facts and Figures 2010, “All cancers involve the malfunction of genes that control cell growth and division. About 5% of all cancers are strongly hereditary, in that an inherited genetic alteration confers a very high risk of developing one or more specific types of cancer.”

I have always felt that if only 5% of all cancer is hereditary, where is the other 95% coming from. There is a lot of left over, unexplained gray area. Perhaps our environment, the modified foods we eat, the chemicals that are all around us, and more play an important and great part. Please believe me, I am not trying to be a “conspiracy” person. These numbers are alarming. We daily see our patients and their families going through turmoil of the diagnosis, the fear, the struggles, the unknown, and pain. This disease should not be growing in numbers as it is, but decreasing.

“The War On Cancer”, is a phrase that refers to scientist putting the effort to find a cure for cancer by increased research to improve the understanding of cancer biology. It also includes the development of more effective chemotherapy drugs.

There is an abundance of monies donated to cancer research daily. In fact, billions of dollars is donated yearly. Instead of so much money being spent on cancer research in one area that is obviously not working, why can’t a portion of the money be allocated to an area of finding out why there is the increased rise of cancer and how we can stop it?

According to these new released statements, it appears that all the money in the world is unable to stop the rampage of cancer from happening. Why? I feel it is because they are not working in the areas they should for preventing it. We as “The People of the United States” need to sit back and ponder on what we can do to help ourselves, our loved ones, and neighbors from getting this uncalled-for condition.

We need to start a “Campaign To Stop Cancer Before It Starts.” Lets stop it before it can start.

Click here for our Blog Disclaimer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *