Parkinson’s disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects Dopaminergic neurons, which are nerve cells in the brain responsible for producing dopamine. Dopamine functions as a neurotransmitter...
Weight loss is a common goal that people have at the start of the year. For many, weight loss is a journey to changing long-time bad health habits. There are different suggestions as to what is most effective. However, it is important to note that everyone has different body types. Many diets or exercise routines are more effective on some than others. Some habits can also show short term or long term effects. To kickstart your weight loss, here are a few things to keep in mind.
6 Things to Keep in Mind when Starting a Weight Loss Journey
- Determine your goals – This complete lifestyle change should not be approached with no definite purpose. To get good results, you need to have a target weight and measurements. Make sure that your goals are achievable, realistic, and at a healthy level.
You should not pressure yourself to lose a significant amount of weight in short periods of time. That may lead to disappointment or maybe resorting to unhealthy practices. Know what your healthy weight is relative to your height and know what pace can your body possibly push for.
- Know Your Body Type – Knowing your body type helps determine how your body’s metabolism works and how to approach your weight loss. Some may find it easy to lose weight, while others find that they build muscle as fast as they build fat. No weight loss plan is “one size fits all.” Therefore, you need to tailor-make a plan that works best for you.
- Choose a Sustainable diet – Many fad diets either endorsed by public figures or popularized by celebrities can be slightly exaggerated. Stay away from fad diets that you can’t see yourself maintaining long-term. Look for a diet plan that caters to your body type and feels more like a refreshing change rather than a punishment. You may consult a dietician for expert help.
- Incorporate an Exercise Routine – While it is true that diet is the key component to weight loss, exercise can also aid in toning your body for a fit physique. The benefits of exercise also go beyond weight loss. It can improve blood circulation and overall mental wellbeing.
- Keep track of your progress – Knowing where you started and see how far you’ve come can boost your morale and inspire you to push on. It also lets you know what works best for you and monitor yourself better.
- Be Consistent – The battle doesn’t stop when you reach your goal. Keeping the weight off is often the most challenging aspect of this journey. Make these good things a habit and try your best not to fall back into old ones. Remember that weight loss is more of a health investment more than an aesthetic one. When you commit to it, make sure that you stick to your plans and continue to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.