This might be one of the healthiest beverages on the planet since it is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body. Brain function, fat loss and a lower risk of cancer, along with other incredible benefits, can be attributed to green tea. Actually, you can get a free box of organic and fair-trade tea from Thrive Market, and see for yourself. Here are some proven benefits:
- Green tea contains bioactive compounds that improve health. Large amounts of important nutrients are in the final drink made from the green tea leaves.
- Compounds in green tea can improve your brain function. The key ingredient, caffeine, is a known stimulant and leads to improvements in various parts of brain function.
- Green tea increases fat burning and improves physical performance by boosting the metabolic rate. Fat oxidation was increased by 17% in one study.
- Green tea contains antioxidants that may lower your risk of certain types of cancer. Breast cancer has a 22% lower risk of developing in those women who drank the most green tea. Prostate cancer, a 48% lower risk and a 57% lower risk for colorectal cancer has been reported.
- Your brain may be protected in old age, in lowering your risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s when drinking green tea.
- Bacteria can be killed by green tea, which improves dental health and lowers the risk of infection. The catechins in green tea have other biological effects as well and can kill bacteria and inhibit viruses like influenza, while lowering your risk of infections.
- Green tea may lower your risk of type 2 Diabetes that now affects about 300 million people worldwide. Studies show green tea can improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar risk levels by 42%.
- Cardiovascular disease may also be reduced by the use of green tea. Total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides are some of the main risk factors that studies show can be improved by the use of green tea.
How about losing weight and lowering your risk of obesity? With the boost of metabolic rate given by green tea, this leads to decreases in body fat, especially in the abdominal area. Can’t we all use that, especially as we get older?
A biggie for green tea is that it may decrease your risk of dying and help you live longer. If green tea can help lower risks of cardiovascular disease and cancer, why wouldn’t we live longer and healthier?
Why not jump on the web to Thrive Market and try that free sample of organic green tea? What can it hurt, especially if it works? Just make green tea a regular part of your life. I have recently started using green tea with honey and love the taste. Since I am a really heavy user of diet soda, I am hoping to replace that harmful drink with this healthier one and become more fit in the process.