(Garlic has always been a world-renowned “cure-all” as a home remedy in almost all cultures.)
- 1 whole head of peeled fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sesame oil or coconut oil
- 1 pair of cotton socks
- 1 pair of wool socks
- Mince the garlic in a blender
- Add the tablespoon of oil to the garlic
- Blend the garlic mixture with just enough vaseline to make a paste
- Apply the paste to the soles of the feet. (you can wear gloves like regular kitchen gloves to avoid getting the smell on your hands)
- As an option, a single layer of cheesecloth mat be secured around the feet to help keep the garlic paste in place.
- Soak cotton socks in cold tap water. Wring the socks out so they are not dripping wet.
- Put the socks on over the garlic paste.
- Put on the dry wool socks over the wet cotton socks.
- Leave the socks on over night.
- Remove all when you wake up in the morning.
As crazy as it sounds, I have known people to do this with great results. I tried it just to see how it would feel because I just couldn’t imagine going to bed with wet socks on. It really wasn’t so bad after I got the dry wool socks on. The wool socks held in the heat from my body. The next morning, I awoke with more energy.
Maybe the old folks did do some things good because they didn’t have a lot of “new” things to use.
image c/o: www.thetimes.co.uk