Garlic Paste For Lung Ailments?
Have you ever sat down with your great grandmother or older grandmother and talked about “the good ole days”? If you never had that experience, ﬁnd someone in their golden ripe years and ﬁnd out how they lived when they were your age or younger. I promise you, you will be delightfully educated.For example, what did they use for toilet paper before Charmin came out? What kind of radio classics did they listen to as they were huddled up to the new radio that had just been invented? How many people were on a “party line” when they got their ﬁrst telephone? I’m not sure how good the “good old days” really were, although it does seem people as a whole were happier and families stayed together longer.One of my favorite things to hear about the old days were remedies that were used. When I was in medical school, we occasionally were given some of the tried and true recipes of some of the old ones. I want to share one with you for lung problems like a cold or any lung problems. Remember, however, always consult your healthcare provider if you have problems.
Garlic Paste Treatment For Lung Ailments
(Garlic has always been a world-renowned “cure-all” as a home remedy in almost all cultures.)
- 1 whole head of peeled fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sesame oil or coconut oil
- 1 pair of cotton socks
- 1 pair of wool socks
- Mince the garlic in a blender
- Add the tablespoon of oil to the garlic
- Blend the garlic mixture with just enough vaseline to make a paste
- Apply the paste to the soles of the feet. (you can wear gloves like regular kitchen gloves to avoid getting the smell on your hands)
- As an option, a single layer of cheesecloth mat be secured around the feet to help keep the garlic paste in place.
- Soak cotton socks in cold tap water. Wring the socks out so they are not dripping wet.
- Put the socks on over the garlic paste.
- Put on the dry wool socks over the wet cotton socks.
- Leave the socks on over night.
- Remove all when you wake up in the morning.
As crazy as it sounds, I have known people to do this with great results. I tried it just to see how it would feel because I just couldn’t imagine going to bed with wet socks on. It really wasn’t so bad after I got the dry wool socks on. The wool socks held in the heat from my body. The next morning, I awoke with more energy.
Maybe the old folks did do some things good because they didn’t have a lot of “new” things to use.
image c/o: www.thetimes.co.uk
Click here for our Blog Disclaimer.