June 22, 2019
Somehow I don’t quite think of sitting in a cold tank as being comfortable and certainly seems an odd path to health. However, this trend called cryotherapy is becoming very popular as Zawn Villin…
February 27, 2013
Are you still trying to eat better and healthier? I know, it’s hard. So many people have explained to me that they just have a hard time thinking of snacks to replace the cookies, cake and ice cream. I’ve listed a few easy things that may help.
– “Ants on a log”- spread a nut butter such as almond butter onto a celery stick and roll it in raisins.
– “Banana ice cream”- peel a number of very ripe bananas (almost too ripe). Break them into one-inch pieces and freeze. When you need a sweet icy snack, pull out a few frozen bananas and put in the blender or the “nutra-blender”. The nutra-blender is a quick clean up. Blend the bananas with a very small amount of water or juice. Serve immediately. You can add carob powder, a ﬂavored liquid stevia like the chocolate raspberry, or frozen berries to the blender for different ﬂavors.
– Sticks of carrot, celery,jicama, cucumber, red, yellow, or green bell peppers.
– Sprouted Essene bread and apple slices. You can get Essene bread at most local health food grocery stores.
– Whole grain crackers with almond butter or a nut butter.
-Almonds and raisins mixture.
-Air popped popcorn
– Cupcakes made using whole grain ﬂour and honey or molasses as the sweetener
– Popsicles made with fresh, unsweetened juice frozen in popsicle makers
-Frozen blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, banana chunks
-Herb teas frozen to make popsicles
– Here is a “special occasion candy” recipe:
1 cup natural almond butter or a nut butter
1/2 cup carob powder
1/2 cup ripe mashed banana
2 tsp. natural vanilla
Mix all the ingredients. Shape into balls and roll in cinnamon or unsweetened coconut. Press a walnut half into the center top. Store in refrigerator.
Try your hand at being creative. It just takes a few minutes to concentrate on it and you may surprise yourself with a great snack you can come up with.