Parkinson’s disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects Dopaminergic neurons, which are nerve cells in the brain responsible for producing dopamine. Dopamine functions as a neurotransmitter...
Are you running around crazy half the time? In today’s fast-paced living, we all tend to miss that connection that is most important to our sustained energy and physical well-being. You must feel like your feet are resting on the earth and you are receiving energy from the earth. If you are grounded, you feel “in the moment” and aware of your thoughts and of those around you.
This grounding will keep your energy all day long. This will keep you from getting pulled this way and that as the day’s ups and downs are all around you. Being able to listen and be focused at work and at home is a benefit of being grounded. Here are some tips for keeping yourself grounded.
Tips For Keeping Yourself Grounded
- Rolling your shoulders slowly forward and backwards will release tension.
- Notice your breathing.
- Take a deep breath and relax at a stoplight while you wait.
- Take your shoes off and feel the ground and support on your toes, heels and insteps.
- Notice the trees and plants growing strong as you take a relaxing walk outside.
- Imagine the roots coming from the bottom of your feet into the ground to firmly tie you to the core of the earth with energy coming up and into your body.
- Stop and notice what you were thinking. Keep in the present and not in the ozone.
- Try the ancient practices of yoga or tai chi to slow you down and become aware.
- Get outside on the ground or garden when weather permits. Play in the dirt!
- Connect to the earth energy with regular meditations as a daily goal.
Keeping ourselves fully in the present and grounded is beneficial to our physical health as well. Energy overloads are more likely to be noticed that may lead to illness, and we can begin working with this energy for change before the disease develops further. Keeping present and connected to the earth will give you great resources of energy and will keep the energy flowing all day long. Get out there and enjoy not only the earth, but the sunshine as well. Let’s make a pact to keep ourselves focused and healthy!
– Dr Fredda Branyon